This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of Wylie Preparatory Academy’s beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. In regards to faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, the Board of Trustees is Wylie Preparatory Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God and is the basis for our sincerely held beliefs (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male (man) or female (woman). These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- We believe that since each person is made in the image of God, every person has value, and must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31).
- We believe all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalms 139).
- We believe in the biblical definition of marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union for life (Genesis 2:18-25) and that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that any form of sexual immorality, as Biblically defined, is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, by seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe that all followers of Christ are under the mandate of Jesus Christ to proclaim the Gospel to the world (Matthew 28:19).