In Deuteronomy, God’s Word instructs us to talk about His commandments within our families. This month we would like for you to talk about the first of Wylie Prep’s Cornerstones, TRUTH, with your family.
Deuteronomy 5:6-7 – These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
John 14:6 – I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me.
John 8:31-32 – He also said, “if you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
What is truth? The answer is simple – God’s Word is Truth. Jesus is Truth. Truth is found in a person who is knowable.
Questions for Discussion:
- Is there a difference between God’s truth and the world’s truth?
- How can we know God’s Truth?
- What are some benefits of knowing God’s Truth?
- How does the word “reliable” relate to the word truth?
- What is the opposite of truth?
- What are some dangers of not knowing God’s Truth?
- Why do you think Wylie Prep chose TRUTH as the first cornerstone?
Scriptures for Reference
- Psalm 19
- Psalm 119:105, 151
- Proverbs 30:5
- John 1:17
- John 8:31-32
- John 14:6
- John 17:17
- 1Thessalonians 2:13
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- 2 Timothy 4:3-5